Hours to perform a COVID-19 test (fast or PCR)
- From Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please make an appointment via the link on the bottom of this post.
- Please bring your health insurance card to facilitate administrative aspects.
- For foreign patients, please bring an identity document.
- For people wishing to travel, please inquire beforehand about the type of test requested and the time frames.
- Depending on your symptoms, the centre’s team may suggest that you do a medical consultation.
- We are available for any questions by phone on 021 566 59 69
Explanations on symptomatic or “vulnerable” people
- Symptoms justifying a COVID-19 test: fever, cold, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or head, muscle or chest pain, loss of taste or smell, digestive disorders, unusual fatigue, confusion.
- Vulnerable persons: anyone with at least the following characteristics: over 65 years of age, pregnancy, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, cancer, immunosuppression, obesity (BMI>40).
Since December 2020, our centre has been part of the cantonal rapid testing sector.
Who are the quick tests for?
- For non-vulnerable people who have had symptoms for less than 4 days
- Asymptomatic persons who have received a SwissCovid notification or at the request of the cantonal doctor
Where are the quick tests and analyses done?
- The smear and analysis are carried out on-site in our medical centre
How soon are the quick test results available?
- Results are generally available within 60 minutes
Who pays for quick testing?
- The costs of rapid testing for those listed above are covered by the Swiss Confederation
Who are PCR tests for?
- To symptomatic people excluded from rapid tests (with medical consultation).
- For people who want to travel and need a medical certificate
- To those whose employer has requested it
- To health professionals and people in contact with patients
Where are PCR tests and scans done?
- The smear is carried out on-site in our medical centre
- The analysis is carried out in an external laboratory
How soon are PCR test results available?
- PCR test results are generally available within 24-48 hours
Who pays for PCR testing?
- Symptomatic patients excluded from rapid testing: at the expense of the Swiss Confederation
- People wishing to travel and needing a medical certificate: at the expense of the patient (CHF 169.-)
- Personnes whose employer requested it: charged at the patient who might request for a refund from his employer afterwards.